Do you hate pushy, sales-y people who make ridiculous claims?
Do you get annoyed by the amount of crap and ‘noise’ out there online?
Do you wish you could market yourself authentically and effectively?
There is another way – welcome to my world of Authentic Marketing.
What inauthentic marketing is:
- Most marketing you see out there, especially on TV!
- Using sleazy, persuasion tactics, lies or trickery
- Making people feel bad because of where they are (I know this one well from my background in the mainstream beauty marketing)
- Over-promising and under-delivering
- Focusing on brand image rather than great content and excellent customer service
What AUTHENTIC MARKETING is:
- Serving rather than selling, by consistently delivering value to your ideal clients
- Being visible, showing up even when it’s not perfect or ‘slick’ enough
- Being yourself, being honest and more transparent than others
- Being in integrity with high moral ethics, values and principles
- Communicating what you offer to those who may want to buy it
- Marketing that feels in alignment with your truth and therefore feels good
- Pricing yourself Properly, not under-charging because you don’t feel worthy
- Organic growth using smart strategies (marketing can be smart and authentic!)
What AUTHENTIC MARKETING is NOT:
- Sitting back waiting for customers to find you
- Believing that if you do what you love, the money will follow
- Focusing only on your inner landscape and on manifesting clients, without doing the outer work (like doing your affirmations but not putting yourself out there)
- Using someone else’s step-by-step process to market yourself even when it doesn’t feel good
- Constant self-promotion
- Having a business persona different to how you are in real life
- Paying for likes and follows
- Not learning any marketing skills or knowledge
Imagine a tree.
The roots are your inner landscape, hidden underground. Your self-belief, self-worth, self-esteem, self-confidence and fears are the foundations of your life and business. The soil is your history and your thoughts and emotions.
The branches are how the world sees and feels you; your confidence, your voice, your appearance and your energy. When you are your business, this translates as your marketing! The tree trunk consists of your strategies, goals, desires and intentions. These need to be strong and clear to allow your branches (marketing) to flourish.
If your roots are not weak and unhealthy (ie you’re running a lot of fear, doubt and anxiety) then your branches will look withered and dry (ie you may appear un-confident, lacking in credibility or even desperate!).
The weather is your environment and competitors – always changing, often a challenge! The stronger your roots and trunk, the better able you will be to weather any storms!
If your roots are healthy, strong and stable and able to suck up all the nutrients they need (ie your mindset is good, your energy is positive, you have enough self-belief and your authentic confidence is high), your branches will be full of healthy leaves and beautiful flowers (your marketing communications – emails, posts, videos) and you will attract loads of lovely bees (your ideal clients).
When the bees pollinate your flowers (your ideal clients buy from you), your tree fruits with glorious money!
If you get that your business depends as much on the health and strength of your inner landscape (your roots) as it does on your outer expression (your marketing) then check out ways to work with me so you can market yourself confidently.
If you know that your being is as important as your doing, then you’re in alignment with me, the way I see things and my values.